Monday 11 February 2013

Brighton Vintage Fair

I'd been meaning to check out the Vintage Fair for some time, so when I saw that it was coming to Brighton on Sunday the 10th of February, I had to seize the opportunity to have a little rummage. My friend, a fellow vintage lover, joined me and we braved the horrendous weather to head down to the Corn Exchange. A humble £2 entry fee later and we were into the warm and welcoming embrace of vintage clothes and accessories galore.

There were plenty of stalls to peruse and a pleasing number of 'sale rails' for bargain hunters like me. The lovely girls from The Vintage Hair Lounge were in attendance and looking absolutely perfect. Had the weather been better, my friend and I would have splashed out for a new 'do, but the gale force winds and torrential rain outside would have destroyed it in all but three seconds. I completely fell in love with the Cherry Red lipstick by Besame Cosmetics, but had a very limited amount of cash so had to resist.

With my limited pennies, however, I did manage to pick up a cute purple pleated skirt for only £5, a purple pashmina scarf for a scandalously low £2.50, a gorgeous pair of tortoiseshell sunnies for £5 and a classic vintage 50s handbag for just £10. The handbag even had a halfpenny coin still tucked inside it!


The skirt isn't pictured here, but I might do a little outfit post with it at a later date. Watch this space.. :)

We had a very small cup of tea in beautiful vintage china before we head home (in a taxi this time!) All in all it was a very fun afternoon and I will definitely be checking out the Vintage Fair next time it comes to town. Excitingly, there is the 'Something Old' Vintage Wedding Fair to go to in just a few week's time (March the 3rd) and I'm very much looking forward to that. I'm hoping I can get myself some nice bits and pieces for The Big Day this September! 

Did you go to the Brighton Vintage Fair? If so, did you manage to find any beautiful bargains? I would love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio